1. Advantages (1) Metal parts with complex shapes, clea […]
(1) Metal parts with complex shapes, clear outlines, thin-walled deep cavities can be manufactured. Because molten metal maintains high fluidity under high pressure and high speed, it is possible to obtain metal parts that are difficult to process by other processing methods.
(2) The dimensional accuracy of die castings is relatively high, up to IT11-13, sometimes up to IT9, the surface roughness reaches Ra0.8-3.2um, and the interchangeability is good.
(3) High material utilization rate. Due to the high precision of die-casting parts, it can be assembled and used only after a small amount of mechanical processing, and some die-casting parts can be directly assembled and used. The material utilization rate is about 60%-80%, and the blank utilization rate reaches 90%.
(4) High production efficiency. Due to the high-speed filling, the filling time is short, the metal industry solidifies rapidly, and the die-casting operation cycle is fast. Among various casting processes, the die-casting method has the highest productivity and is suitable for mass production.
(5) Easy to use inserts. It is easy to set a positioning mechanism on the die-casting mould to facilitate the insert casting of inserts and meet the local special performance requirements of the die-casting parts.
(1) Due to high-speed filling and rapid cooling, the gas in the cavity is too late to be discharged, resulting in die castings often have pores and oxidized inclusions, thereby reducing the quality of die castings. Due to the expansion of the gas in the pores at high temperatures, the surface of the die-casting parts will bubble, therefore, the die-casting parts with pores cannot be heat treated.
(2) Die-casting machines and die-casting moulds are expensive and not suitable for small batch production.
(3) The size of die castings is restricted. Due to the limitation of the clamping force of the die-casting machine and the size of the mould, large die-casting parts cannot be die-casted.
The types of die casting alloys are restricted. Due to the limitation of operating temperature, die-casting moulds are currently mainly used for die-casting zinc alloy, aluminum alloy, magnesium alloy and copper alloy.