The material is very important for the mould. When sele […]
The material is very important for the mould. When selecting the material, the mould must be reasonably selected according to the conditions and working conditions of the mould. The mould material must meet the five performance requirements: wear resistance, toughness, hardness, red hardness and processability. The main conditions, of course, the selection and application of mould materials is also very important and indispensable.
1. Wear resistance of mould materials: This is the basic requirement for the use of moulds. It requires long life of the mould and its wear resistance must be high. Under long-term working conditions, maintain the dimensional accuracy and surface roughness without causing early wear and tear.
2. the toughness of the mould material: For cold work die steel, to prevent early cracking to form fracture damage, toughness is an important performance index. While maintaining the high strength of the mould material, the toughness of the material is increased as much as possible to achieve high strength and toughness.
3. Hardness and red hardness of the mould material: The working condition of the mould must maintain high hardness and strength, and maintain the size and shape of the mould. This is the main technical index of the mould material. For cold work die steel, its hardness is controlled at around HRC60. For hot work die steel, because it works at high temperature, it is required to maintain its hardness and softening resistance at the working temperature. This is red hardness, which is an important performance index of hot work die steel.
4. the processing of mould materials: mould machining performance, such as car, milling, planing, grinding, etc., in general, due to the high carbon and high alloy composition of the mould material, the formation of carbides and structures, to bring certain processing properties The difficulty of this is to improve the processability of the mould material by improving the structure of the steel and by heat treatment.
5. Selection and application of mould materials: Due to its many influencing factors, it has always been a difficult problem in mould design and manufacturing. The key to understanding, familiarizing, mastering and using the mould materials is to master and use them. They are familiar with the mould materials. * What kind of moulds are suitable for making the mould, understand the production conditions of a part, choose which mould material is suitable, how to manufacture, Use mould materials to maximize their performance.